JAC Vapour and the TPD
The TPD is law and you need to know what that means for your business.
In May 2017, the final phase of the TRPR (Tobacco and Related Products Regulations) became law, placing strict rules on the types of products retailers are permitted to sell, as well as the testing and notification procedures we are all subject to. This is the UK implementation of the EU-wide Tobacco Products Directive.
From May 20th 2017
- All applicable products on shelf must have been fully tested and approved to regulatory standards, and the Regulatory Body notified.
What do the rules say?
- E-liquids must contain no more than 20mg/ml or 2% nicotine.
- E-liquids are to be supplied in bottles no greater than 10ml
- Refillable tanks and cartomisers should contain no more than 2ml of e-liquid.
- E-liquids and tanks entering the market must be notified to MHRA at least 6 months in advance of going on sale.
- E-liquids and tanks must be tested in line with the new regulations.
- There are also rules covering the marketing and advertising of e-cigarettes.
What you should be doing
Now that the new rules are in effect, it is is illegal to continue to sell non-compliant stock. Random compliance checks are being carried out, so if you want to avoid a hefty fine, you should make sure that all of your stock is 100% compliant with the new laws.
Why it’s wise to buy from JAC!
You can be confident when shopping with us and be assured that the products we offer have been correctly tested and notified.
- Our best selling, new, SERIES-S device is already fully TPD compliant.
- All our new products shall be built to meet TPD compliance from the word go
If you're still getting up to speed on the new rules, and most importantly, what they mean for your business, take a look at our handy video guides below or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.